If you’re looking for a skinny jeans friendly recipe to help you subsist from now until New Year’s, then check out my recipe for Lentil, Potato, and Pumpkin Curry over at Marcus Samuelsson’s blog!
And now…I bring you…
…YOUR top ten favorite recipes of 2011!
10. Carrot Cake Cookies! These are one of my most requested cookies, and with the flavors of carrot and ginger in the cookies combined with a dreamy cream cheese frosting filling…I definitely understand why.
9. Pumpkin Biscuits with Cranberry Curd I made these for my Eggland’s Best Pink Party in support of breast cancer research and they were a huge hit. Perfect for any holiday morning breakfast…or just because.
8. Peanut Butter Honeycomb Pie My father declared this the best dessert I’ve ever made. He’s probably right. At least for us peanut butter addicts out there.
7. Chickpea Pot Pie with a Cornbread Crust This vegetarian version of a winter classic tastes just like the frozen pot pies we all remember and love…but healthier!
6. Pad See Ew Thai food is probably my favorite cuisine because of it’s perfect balance of flavors…sweet salty spicy sour…it has them all in every bite. And pad see ew is one of my favorite dishes to order! However, it’s not figure friendly at all…but this at-home version is!
5. Maida Heatter’s Johnny Appleseed Bars Part cake, part pie, these bars give you the best of both apple worlds.
4. Pecan Pie Bars Perfect to satiate those pecan pie cravings…even when they occur at seasonably inappropriate times. (Plus they’re made with honey instead of corn syrup – major PLUS!)
3. Sweet and Salty Brownies These are far and above the fudgiest most delicious brownies I have ever had. And once you make them, you will never need another brownie recipe again. Yup, the Baked boys have done it again!
2. Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables Essentially baked ziti but chock full of loads of veggies instead of meat. Comfort food at it’s best.
1. Pumpkin Swirl Brownies With over 85,000 hits (and counting), these are far and above your favorite recipe of 2011! I made them for a Halloween party and unfortunately only got to try one…but it was one heavenly pumpkin/fudgy brownie, that’s for sure.