Break out your big girl (or boy) pants because we are eating dessert TWICE this week.
Last month I decided to join in on The Leftovers Club which is basically a fun way to get rid of those leftover desserts that you know you shouldn’t be eating…in exchange for someone else’s leftover desserts that you know you shouldn’t be eating. Totally my kind of club.
This month I was paired with the super cool Ruthy of Omeletta. Since we both live in Manhattan, we decided it would be way more fun (and cost effective!) to meet up and exchange our leftovers rather than spend money shipping them just a few miles. I baked up these white chocolate blondies and it was a good thing they were going to another home because I would have had no problem devouring the whole batch! The insides of these babies were gooey fudge central.
In exchange, Ruthy made me some lemon apple hot toddy bars. Yeah they were pretty much as good as they sound. Which is to say…amazeballs.
Don’t forget to check out what everyone else in the club is bringing to the table!!
Savory Simple – Quinoa Granola
Bakeaholic Mama – Amish Friendship Muffins
Damn Delicious – Cinnamon Puppy Chow
Frugal Foodie Mama – Coconut Chai Biscotti
Let’s Give Peas a Chance – Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Blondies
A Zesty Bite – Oreo Toffee Brownies
Dining with Dani – Chocolate Covered Espresso Cookies
MarocMama – Gluten-Free Moroccan Piped Cookies
Sugar Dish Me – Chocolate Cake Cookies
Diethood – Chocolate Cloud Cookies
Eats Well With Others – White Chocolate Blondies
Souffle Bombay – Spicy Dark Chocolate Brownies
Kelly Bakes – Salted Lemon Thyme Shortbread
Pineapple and Coconut – Chocolate Dipped Caramel Cream Filled Coconut Shortbread
The Spiced Life – “Twisted Tollhouse” Shaved Chocolate Cookies
Eat Bake Drink Cook – Frosted Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Food n’ Focus – English Muffin Bread
Omeletta – Whiskey Lemon Bars
Domestic Fits – Sriracha Caramel Corn
White Chocolate Blondies
Makes 20, adapted from Cookies and Cups
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Combine the butter and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat. Melt together, stirring frequently. Just as the white chocolate becomes fully melted, remove from the heat and stir together with a fork or whisk until fully combined.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Pour in the white chocolate/butter mixture, whisking constantly.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix together until just incorporated. Stir in the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until set. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting.