This crispy quinoa and power greens salad with smoky meyer lemon vinaigrette is full of fun flavors and nutritional superstars.
Let’s not ditch our resolutions just yet.
I know it’s tempting, especially since we spent our whole Sunday remembering what cheese dip and chips and carbs taste like. (<–heaven)
But think of how much better our week is gonna feel if we fill it with baby kale, baby swiss chard, pomegranates, sweet potatoes, almonds. Doused in a smoky tangy tart meyer lemon vinaigrette.
We might just come out of it with superpowers. And/or our entire to-do list crossed off.
And if we’re feeling really daring we might even top it with cubes of brie.
Not shown here. But, that happened. I highly recommend it.
And if you have it for lunch and dinner (and I promise, you will definitely be tempted to do so).
It’s basically your obligation to take over the world. Achieve world peace. Cure cancer. Exercise every day. All that good stuff.
Three years ago…Banana Cranberry Bread with an Amaretto Glaze
Four years ago…Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into ½-inch cubes
- 11 oz Earthbound Farm Power Greens blend, or other salad blend
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 pomegranate
- ¼ cup meyer lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes with 1 tbsp olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the cooked quinoa and saute for a few minutes until it is dry and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, fried quinoa, sliced almonds, pomegranate arils, and salad greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, honey, salt, smoked paprika, yogurt, and olive oil. Season to taste. Toss with the salad and serve.