Sweet, tart, refreshing and delicious is what these grapefruit paloma blanca wine cocktails are! Perfect for serving on a warm summer day.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Excelsior Wines. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m giving you a to-do list for the weekend.
And I’m not even the least bit sorry about it.
(It’s for your own good.)
(1) Get yourself one grapefruit, a few limes, and a bottle of Frontera Sauvignon Blanc.
(2) Juice. Mix. Stir. Shake.
(3) Siiiippppp. And feel all your troubles melt away.
(Or maybe that’s just sweat.)
(Yup, mostly sweat.)
Preferably from a fancy straw and a Mason jar glass. Because we are so effortlessly Pinterest-cool like that.
To be honest, I don’t consider myself much of a mixologist, but when I found out that Excelsior Wines had developed an ENTIRE LINE of wine cocktails (!!!!!).
Well. GAME CHANGER.
Because while the.boy and I have an admittedly poorly stocked liquor
cabinet shelf, we always have wine.
And now we will always have Friday/Saturday/Sunday (wine) cocktail hour.
Consider me hooked.
Frontera Wines is actually the #1 Southern American Wine brand sold in the US, and no WONDER because it is sold at totally competitive prices ($10.99-$8.99 for 1.5L size, and $5.99-4.99 for 750ml), and it is tasty.
I plan on drinking these paloma blancas all summer long because they are the ultimate in sweet/tart/refreshing, but if sauvignon blanc is just not your thang, don’t even fear because they have enough Frontera Cocktail Recipes for every taste bud. And you’ll totally feel like you belong on Martha Stewart after you make them.
- 3 oz (100 mL) Frontera sauvignon blanc
- juice of ½ grapefruit
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ oz lime juice
- sparkling water and salt (for rimming)
- Rim the glass with salt (optional, but fabulous - I used a coarse pink Himalayan sea salt).
- In a separate glass, mix together the wine, grapefruit juice, sugar, and lime juice until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into serving glasses and top off with ice and sparkling water. Serve cold.