1. My new favorite way to celebrate three day weekends? Concretes from Shake Shack. Mine was vanilla custard mixed with an entire slice of pie. Can you imagine anything more glorious?
2. I also plan on scientifically examining whether they are just as fabulous for celebrating random Wednesday afternoons. I suspect: YES.
3. I sent what (I hope) is the final version of my thesis to my boss yesterday(!!!!)…so this week is all about working on the presentation. EEK.
4. Equally as important is deciding what to bake to bribe my examining committee/put them into a sugar coma so they won’t give me such a hard time during the questioning time. Thoughts? I feel like cinnamon rolls of some sort are a must.
5. You just can’t not love someone who makes you cinnamon rolls. Fact.
6. So, can someone please explain what I’m not allowed to wear/eat/drink now that Labor Day has passed? Because, not for nothing, but yesterday was totally one of the hottest days of the year…and I rocked some 3/4 pants and didn’t even feel guilty about it.
7. Mostly I still just felt really sweaty. WHY, NYC. WHY?!
8. Have you guys read anything by Liane Moriarty? I read Big Little Lies earlier this year (LOVED IT) and pretty much speed read through What Alice Forgot this weekend. OBSESSED. I now plan on reading everything she has ever written. Possibly at record speed.
9. On that note, hit me with your book suggestions!