This strawberry lavender lemonade is the perfect non-alcoholic summer beverage! A lavender simple syrup adds a little something special to this fruity and refreshing drink that will have you #TrendingInTheKitchen.
[Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Pompeian. As always, my thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.]
Allow me to introduce you to my summer spirit beverage.
AND IT’S A mocktail.
Yeeeeeessssssssss. I’m shocked, too.
For the record, NO, I’m not pregnant.
I’m just a girl who works too much and wants something fun to drink after a sweaty bus ride home and a too long day of work, but still wants to be a functional human the next day.
Is that too much to ask?????
Maybe you’re a mom who doesn’t get enough sleep every night and probably won’t until your toddler goes to college. (I’m with you, girl. Really, truly.)
Maybe you ARE pregnant.
Maybe you have friends who are pregnant.
Maybe you’re just not that into alcohol.
Or MAYBE you want to be #TrendingInTheKitchen by getting yourself involved in some alcohol-free mixology.
Whoever you are, welcome.
This strawberry lavender lemonade is for you.
The lemonade itself is super basic – just freshly squeezed lemon juice and pureed strawberries!
BUT it does have two secret ingredients that make it extra special. The first is lavender simple syrup. The flavor itself is kind of hard to describe – kind of floral, kind of lemony, and really just delicious. I’m pretty much going to be making XL batches all summer and toting it around with me to pour in all my beverages.
THEN there’s the splash of Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar! It brings the oomph factor, along with a whole bunch of healthy bacteria and a high volume of antioxidants. You see, apple cider vinegar is fermented and contains a mix of natural probiotics called The Mother (a dark cloudy substance that sinks to the bottom of the bottle). Only two tablespoons a day of Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar + The Mother (<– be sure to shake the bottle first!) is enough to confer tons of benefits, which include improved digestion, an immune system boost, cholesterol lowering, sore throat soothing, dandruff prevention, and weight loss to name a few! Lots of people just take a shot of the stuff straight in the morning, but I prefer mixing it into my drinks as the flavor is a bit too strong for me on its own (check out these sparkling hibiscus shrubs I made with it last summer!!). Feel free to add more or less to your lemonade depending on your taste buds!
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 lb strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4½ cups ice water
- To make the lavender simple syrup, combine the sugar, water, and lavender in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste. Allow to cool completely, then strain the mixture into a bowl. Discard the lavender.
- To make the lemonade, puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor. Run the strawberry puree through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out the seeds. Pour the seedless puree into a large pitcher. Stir in the lemon juice, water, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, and lavender simple syrup.
- Serve chilled on ice.