1. Anybody else on a MAJOR salad kick after this weekend’s festivities? My coworkers and I rediscovered a salads-only lunch spot a few blocks from where we work, and it is AWESOME. I am so pumped to recreate some of their salad combos for the blog! My favorite so far is the falafel salad – falafel, romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes, pita chips and Moroccan tahini dressing. Can you say YUM.
2. Of course, I would remake it with kale. Obvi.
3. So yesterday I did the strangest thing ever, for me. I TOOK A NAP. It was glorious. Now, why exactly don’t I do this on a regular basis?
4. MAD MEN. What did we all think of the first episode? Totally weirdo as usual? But already so much better than the whole last season?
5. I agree.
6. You may have noticed this yesterday, but I finally succumbed to Food Blogger Law #6555, which states that every food blogger MUST OWN A MARBLE SLAB. I’ve actually had mine since November, but it was too heavy for me to remove from the box myself and I didn’t want the.boy to know that I had bought it, lest he yell at me for buying yet ANOTHER heavy thing that is going to be a major pain to move at some later point in time.
7. Well, I worked up the nerve to ask him to pull it out for me (<– that’s what she said) in a desperate moment, when I really needed it to solve all my pie crust rolling problems. It did. I am never not using it again.
8. There is so much marble slab in your future. Consider yourself warned.
9. (PS – I bought it at Sur La Table ON SALE. In case you need one too.)
10. (You totally need one too, don’t you. #sorrynotsorry)
A falafel salad? With tahini dressing? This has to happen asap!
Naps are amazing and I wish I were able to take them more often. There are so many days where I want to curl up under my desk George Costanza style at work lol!
Um, I actually really need a marble slab…. or matt needs to learn how to reclaim wood for me. Do we think marble is baby safe??
Haha the marble is SO HEAVY there is no way a baby could even lift it or move it in any way. I can barely move it!!
Sur La Table is such a dangerous place. I want everything in that store. I had Monday off from work, so I prepped my meals for the entire week. Salads for days!
I WANT A MARBLE SLAB!
Is it bad that I already have a marble slab, but you just totally tempted me to buy another??? Also, that salad looks like heaven!
Bring on the marble slab. ugh now I want one, especially since its on sale…… 🙂
I actually won a marble slab from a local kitchen company, and it was wicked exciting! But then I totally could not lift it out of my car, so I had to wait weeks for my husband to remember and bring it in for me. We thought it would look classy with our alcohol on top of it, so now it’s sort of a bar on the counter? I don’t know; we do weird things. Should I be using for an actual cutting board??
That salad does look awesome!! Can’t wait for your re-creation of it 🙂
Oooh, that marble slab is calling my name… I’m thinking of all the pie crusts I could make as soon as it’s strawberry rhubarb season!
falafel salad??! oh yum! and yes, on mad men. weird…but good. i will be so sad when the show ends but i hope the ending is fab!
Adding marble slab to the list of things I don’t need but want. Looking forward to seeing blog pics of you using it.
I am so jealous of anyone who can take a nap. I can never turn my head off and napping is impossible for me.
a MAJOR salad kick after this weekend’s festivities? uh, YES!!! All salad, all week for me. maybe two weeks. Moroccan tahini dressing?! oh my gawd, sounds fab!!! ok, gotta go check out your marble slab!
I AM NOT LISTENING! I AM NOT LISTENING
Sur La Table?
Dear heavens… Phil will commit me to a mental institution if I buy that marble thing.
oh, gosh… why are you doing this to me?
OMG love the marble slab! So pretty! Salads are always my go to when I just have been eating WAY too much crap! LOL!
Ha ha! I am not a baker, so no, I don’t need a marble slab. I love salads. But I eat them for lunch every single day, so i’d better!
Nap? I took naps when I was pregnant… hmmmmm. 😉
Looking forward to re-creating that salad because it sounds AWESOME! Make sure you use the marble slab in the photos. 🙂
Lol. MAJOR salad kick, girl. Haven’t seen Mad Men episode yet (sssshhhhh!), and am awaiting my marble slab to arrive in the post any day now, #sopredictable.
i too have been on a salad & veg kick after my holiday gorge-fest!
Yay for naps, marble slabs and salads! That Moroccan tahini dressing sounds amazing!
Thanks for this inspiring post, perfect after the festive days.
You really cheered me up, Joanne, now I’m more than ready for a delicious, fresh salad.
LOL at Nr. 6- will hurry to get a marble slab 🙂
I am jealous of your marble slab! It’s a beauty. I’ve just added one to my Christmas wishlist. If I can wait that long;)
Wow. A nap, marble slab, and a falafel salad? Can I be you this week?
Well thanks,,,,, now I want a marble slab! Falafel salad is calling me.
I don’t have cable so I have to wait on Mad Men….arghhh! I did just watch the fiest part of Outlander and it follows the book well!
Sigh now I want a falafel salad, a nap and that marble thing! Seriously jelly right now ahhhh.
Happy hump day! x
Oh dear. I knew I needed a marble slab! I currently have a nice selection of large stone tiles from Liwes, only half of which I’ve managed not to break :/ looooohooveee falafel salad! Call me immediately when you recreat the dressing!
Marble slabs are the best for pie crust! They keep it nice and cold. I’m on a salad kick too. The falafel one sounds AMAZEBALLS.
I just need to say – MARBLE SLAB – out loud. The end.
That salad looks plain amazing. And naps are glorious, yet I haven’t taken one on a weekday since…why??
Love napping but haven’t had a chance to practice it lately 🙂 And love your marble slab 🙂
A new nearby salad place is exciting! As is the marble slab – I’m happy to see plenty of it 😀
I want marble slab! You need them for tempering chocolate as well as making pastry. Not caught up with Mad Men as yet but am working my way through The Office, American version. Love it! xx
No I wish I had a marble slab. The salad sounds yummy!
Hmm I didn’t know I needed a marble slab – mustn’t be rolling out enough pastry – though it might stop bread dough getting into the groove of the wooden table and I regret to say I lost Mad Men seasons ago – I love it but just had trouble finding the time to watch it and not sure I will ever catch up (though we are trying to catch up to downton abbey this week with a week loan of a boxset)
I do totally need a marble slab, however, my mom is my lifter of heavy things and my boos board caused enough hard feelings.
I’m a salad kick right now just because it’s Passover and salads are Passover-friendly lunches I can find at every restaurant.
I’ve had a marble slab for many years, but I don’t use it much because it’s too darn heavy!!! Always have to call the husband to get it out and put it on the counter. 🙂
OMG, that salad sounds amazing, must try to recreate it at home!
I want to see a picture of that marble slab!!