There are big decisions to be made in this world.
Is it better to sleep with your contacts in? Or take them out after you’ve cut two jalapenos and still have burning fingers even though you’ve showered a grand total of five times and may or may not have dipped your fingers in a bowl of bleach?
Exactly how immoral is it to “borrow” a box of rubber gloves from lab for jalapeno-cutting endeavors such as this?
How immoral is too immoral?
If your roommate leaves rotting (i.e. not green) bananas on top of her refrigerator for more than 48 hours, can you control the urge to curl up into fetal position and stress eat an entire container of nutella using only your index finger as a spoon at the thought of a yellow banana in your apartment?
Or is the compulsion so strong that you really have no choice but to mash them together with sugar and flour, mix in some mango and ginger, bake at 350, and then bring them into work in order to bribe your coworkers into liking you?
Do you even realize before it’s too late and they are all eaten within an hour that your roommate didn’t even get to try one?!?!? Oops.
This is why sometimes decision-making by yourself is just too hard.
It’s really a team effort kind of a thing. Majority rules.
I say tomorrow morning at 10AM EST we all meet to discuss some of life’s most important issues. Jalapenos. Bananas. Good chocolate. Which lab I should choose to do my PhD in. Whether my hot pink leggings really are inappropriate for real life.
No, really, I can make that happen. You see, I’ve been invited by Gevalia to host one of their BeanChats tomorrow! So tomorrow at 10AM, if you want to talk to me LIVE and IN PERSON, all you need to do is go onto the Gevalia Facebook Fanpage and click on the little BeanChat icon on the left hand side. We have important things to discuss (see above).
See you there!
Mango Banana Muffins with Crystallized Ginger
Makes about 18, adapted from Joy the Baker
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas well. Mix in the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk to incorporate.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to mix until all ingredients are just combined,.
- Stir in the mango and the crystallized ginger, mixing until just combined.
- Transfer batter to the muffin tins, only filling cups until 3/4 full. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool.
I am submitting this to Bake with Bizzy!