Hi hi hi!!
We’re just here having another oppressive week of sun and heat followed by a weekend of FULL ON RAIN. It’s fine, everything’s fine. Thankfully it looks like it’s going to hold off long enough this morning for Remy to go to her soccer class, which is excellent because girlfriend has energy to burn.
Other than that, our weekend is filled with a whole lot of nothing since it’s literally supposed to be thunderstorming the rest of the time. Womp womp. Send all your arts and crafts ideas for 5 year olds my way STAT.
Let’s talk meal plans! I get more and more excited about summer produce every week and I hope the meal plans reflect that. Here’s what we’re cooking:
- Kicking off the week with something so easy, I hesitate to even call it a recipe – caramelized apricot, basil, and ricotta toasts! In case you haven’t noticed, I LOVE cooked sweet fruit on toast with cheese and herbs. So easy, so delicious. It’s a summer game changer.
- A perfect make-ahead summer pasta salad with no-cook heirloom tomato sauce is next up on our weekly menu. Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese get marinated in a garlicky olive oil sauce and then tossed with your favorite pasta. The tomato mix actually tastes better the longer it sits so whip it up whenever you have a minute during the day, and dinner will be nothing more than a pot of boiling water away.
- Everyone loves breakfast for dinner and scrambled egg shakshuka is one of my favorite savory options. It also relies heavily on summer tomatoes and is filled with warm, hearty spices. Make sure you have some good bread on hand to sop up those juices!
- On Wednesday we’re eating the absolute best veggie burgers on this site – my jalapeno popper black bean burgers. These hold together so well, have the best texture, and are filled with an amazing surprise jalapeno popper filling.
- We usually do Friday pizza night around here, but I’m always up for starting a day early so Thursday night is pizza night this week! We’re making a completely seasonal tomato, zucchini, and pesto pizza. There is an option for using homemade dough in the recipe, but you can always pick up some premade dough from the store to save time.
- Finally for dessert, we’re having a simply delicious apricot, cherry and almond cake. It really feels like a celebration of the season and couldn’t be easier to make.
Read Full Article →