30 minutes are all you need to get a bowl of gnocchi with summer squash, corn, basil, and feta on the table! It’s a great easy weeknight meal that even the pickiest eaters will love.
So, apparently hiring movers is this secret magical thing that the.boy tried to hide from me all these years because he’s all DIY, but really is the best thing that ever happened to us.
Especially when the movers in question are basically Olympians who can leap up five flights of stairs in a single bound.
But disguised as ordinary Russian dudes from Queens.
Guys, I’ll keep your secret.
The only awkward part of the whole process was all the sitting and watching and pointing to where I wanted things while they were sweating through their pants.
It just felt kind of weird.
Also, their faces when they discovered how many cookbooks I own. I mean, OBVIOUSLY I have a problem, but I like to think it’s the good kind.
We really did not see eye-to-eye on that.
Anyway, everything made it to the upper Upper East Side mostly unscathed, even my plates and my stand mixers, the latter of which I insisted on hauling into a cab with me and moving myself.
I mean, would you let movers just throw your babies in the back of a truck and hope for the best? I think not.
This weekend felt more like summer than actual summer, which was unfortunate for the movers, but totally fortunate for me because, as you can see, I am still in summer eating mode! And at least if it is 90+ degrees, I have an excuse for it.
I understand if you are already diving into fall and not looking back, but if so then you should either save this gnocchi recipe for next year or ceasefire on the pumpkin recipes for 30 minutes to make this. It comes together in the time it takes to boil water and is full of fresh zucchini, corn, basil flavor, with a drizzle of feta on top and gnocchi for some good old carb action. So really, you have no excuse not to.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 summer squash, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 ears of corn
- ¼ cup basil, thinly sliced
- 12 oz gnocchi
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the summer squash and zucchini cubes. Saute for 5-6 minutes, or until starting to soften. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir the corn and basil into the pot. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare the gnocchi according to package directions. Toss the gnocchi with the summer squash mixture and the feta cheese. Serve warm
Corn, corn, corn! If you can’t get enough either, check out these:
From Around the Web:
Farmer’s Market Cornbread from The Bojon Gourmet
Southwest Veggie Burgers with Black Beans and Corn Salsa from The Roasted Root
Sweet Corn and Blackberry Ice Cream from Bell’Alimento
Grilled Corn Salad with Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette from Food Faith Fitness
Brown Butter, Honey, and Jalapeno Skillet Cornbread from Cookie + Kate