It’s beginning to taste a lot like Christmas! Especially if you are indulging in this luscious dark chocolate and peppermint tart.
I’m alive! Really!
It’s just, delivering babies takes a lot out of you. Especially when it requires waking up at 4:30 AM every morning for six weeks to do so. Not even exaggerating a little bit.
(For those of you who are worried, I’m talking about delivering other people’s babies, not my own baby, which is only 19 weeks in the making. Phew.)
Given that I’ve been so immersed in medicine lately, I’ve really needed a little extra push to get some holiday spirit into my soul and pep(permint) in my step. Enter….International Delight’s Peppermint Mocha Creamer!!! Which infuses some chocolate and peppermint goodness into my every morning coffee (<– necessary) and now into this decadent dark chocolate and peppermint tart that I crave for pretty much every meal every day.
Dangerous. But delicious.
I would say that it will make your holiday table sparkle, but…don’t wait that long to make it. It’s too dang good.
- 25 Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup International Delight Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1¾ tsp peppermint extract
- Peppermint flavored candy, to garnish
- For the crust, pulse the Oreos in a food processor until they are the consistency of fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse until moist. Press into a 9-inch tart or pie pan so that the crust completely lines the bottom and comes up the sides. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, in a heavy bottomed pot, combine the heavy cream and light corn syrup. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, mixing until smooth. Mix in the peppermint extract. Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place in the refrigerator to chill until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- For the topping, beat together the heavy cream, Peppermint Mocha Creamer, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract until stiff peaks form. Spread 2 cups of the whipped cream over the filling, allowing it to mound slightly in the center. Place the rest in a piping bag and pipe as desired to decorate. Top with peppermint candies.
This post was sponsored by International Delight®. As always, my thoughts and opinions are my own. For more International Delight inspiration, follow them on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram! And make sure to sign up for the International Delight Newsletter to keep up with new products, offers, and recipes!
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.