DRANK. OF. SUMMER.
Can I just call it now?
I’m just anticipating how grateful I’m going to be for something cold and refreshing and tequila-filled on my one day off a week once intern year starts….and how glad I’m going to be that I put in the time and energy and research to find the MOST PERFECT ONE now.
You feel me?
I’m not saying I’m going to need NEED a drink every week….but I’m also not saying it won’t enhance my quality of life.
Like, a gazillion-fold.
Especially this drink!!! It’s just SUMMER. In a pitcher.
Here’s how it goes:
Make rosemary simple syrup.
Puree watermelon with lemon juice in a blender.
Add rosemary simple syrup.
You could also omit the tequila (<– THE HORROR) and then it becomes a kid-friendly mocktail situation!
So multipurpose. So easy. So what your summer needs.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs rosemary, plus more to garnish
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 8 oz tequila
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Combine sugar, water, and rosemary in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to simmer. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, about an hour.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the lemon juice and watermelon cubes. Blend until pureed. Add in the rosemary simple syrup about ¼ cup at a time until desired sweetness is reached. Pour into a pitcher and stir in the tequila.
- Chill until ready to serve. Stir to mix before serving and garnish with lemon slice and rosemary sprig.