Have you found your signature watermelon summer cocktail yet?????
I feel like we all need one.
Especially after working all weekend and still having another five full workdays left to go before the next day off. The twelve day in a row workweek struggle is REAL, y’all.
MAJOR plus when that cocktail involves exactly three minutes of work and can be in a glass with a little umbrella in it faster than you can say SANDY BOTTOMS.
Also it has the cutest cocktail name ever. See above.
So the major steps of this cocktail involve:
pureeing fresh watermelon into juice
opening up a bottle of rum
And the end result is the most DELICIOUS sweet lightly spiced tart RUM-TASTIC drink.
- 2 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 1½ cups chilled white rum
- ¾ cup chilled 1:1 simple syrup
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup Peychaud's bitters
- lime wheels, mint sprigs, and watermelon wedges for garnish
- To make the batch, stir together the watermelon juice, white rum, simple syrup, lime juice, and bitters in a 2 quart pitcher. This can be done up to 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving, stir well. Add ice. Pour into rocks glasses filled with ice and garnish with lime wheels, mint sprigs, and/or watermelon wedges as desired.