AAAH so much deliciousness this week!!!
I was feeling some serious cooking ennui last night so I took a break and we ordered in sushi. So good and now I feel raring to go. Let’s do this!
Here’s what we’re cooking:
- We’re kicking off the week with my absolute favorite recent recipe creation – chipotle honey bbq cauliflower wings. OMG these are so good. Really really really spicy, but SO GOOD. Definitely be cautious how much chipotle you add if you’re not a spice queen because it sneaks up on you fast.
- Moving onto total comfort food with Monday’s pasta with tomato-basil cream sauce. This sauce requires a long sit on the stove that’s mostly hands off, but it makes enough for multiple meals and is a great way to stock the freezer! Well worth the time, in my opinion.
- Tuesday’s new potato and chickpea chaat is a fun version of an Indian street food dish and is filled with incredible flavor. I’ll be making this one on Instagram Stories, so keep an eye out for it!
- Jumping into Wednesday with fresh summer flavor in the form of chimichurri and summer veg grain bowls. The chimichurri is the star here, so feel free to mix and match the veggies and whole grain that you use based on what’s in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Thursday burger night!! Veggie burger night, of course. We’re making falafel burgers, which are vegan at their core and super easy to prepare if you have canned chickpeas in the pantry. They’re topped with a tangy and slightly spicy pepperoncini salsa that really makes the meal.
- Finally, for dessert we’re making one of my favorite creations of last year – rhubarb, rose, and almond cake. It’s seemingly simple, but just so toothsome and heartwarming.
Happy weekend and happy eating!
Prep Ahead Tip: The bbq sauce and mango salsa can be made ahead of time. Just store in the fridge until ready to use!
Vegan Substitutions: Replace the dairy milk in the batter with unflavored soy, almond, coconut, or oat milk.
Prep Ahead Tip: Make the sauce on the weekend (it makes for multiple pounds of pasta so freeze any extras!) and store in the fridge until ready to use. If freezing, defrost in the fridge overnight before using.
Vegan Substitutions: Replace the heavy cream with cashew cream or full fat coconut milk. Omit the parmesan cheese or replace with nutritional yeast.
Prep Ahead Tip: The date chutney can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to use.
Vegan Substitutions: Omit the yogurt or replace it with dairy-free plain yogurt.
Prep Ahead Tip: The chimichurri and farro can be prepped ahead of time. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Roast the corn and veggies on the same sheet pan for less clean-up stress!
Vegan Substitutions: Recipe is already vegan.
Prep Ahead Tip: Make the falafel patties ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to bake.
Vegan Substitutions: Omit the cheese or replace with vegan cheese slices.
For a printable shopping list, click here.