One more week down!
This has been the week of feeling the most insane baby kicks. Like, my whole stomach is rocking from side-to-side kicks. And we’re only at 26/27 weeks! I’m scared to see what 32+ week kicks look and feel like because this…is a lot.
Otherwise, we don’t have a ton going on. Looking forward to a three day weekend and barely leaving the house since it is supposed to be freezing!
Here’s what we’re cooking this week:
- Starting off the week with fettuccine paired with an easy tomato-basil sauce. There are instructions in the post on how to make the fettuccine from scratch but feel free to use dried if you’re not up for it.
- Next up – chickpea, spinach, and potato samosa pie. Basically an easy, casserole version of samosas – HERE FOR IT.
- On Tuesday we’re making crispy black bean tacos with mango pico de gallo. SO quick and easy.
- Sweet potato, aleppo pepper, and lime soup is getting us through a midweek slump.
- Finally, we’re closing things out with super simple spicy peanut rice noodle bowls. These are veggie-packed and so tasty.
- For dessert we’re making bakery style almond poppy seed muffins – the best.
FETTUCCINE WITH EASY TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
Prep Ahead Tip: This recipe uses homemade fettuccine but feel free to just use dried. It will still be delicious!
Vegan Substitutions: Recipe for the sauce is already vegan.
CHICKPEA, SPINACH, AND POTATO SAMOSA PIE
Prep Ahead Tip: Make the filling ahead of time.
Vegan Substitutions: Use dairy-free butter.
CRISPY BLACK BEAN TACOS WITH MANGO PICO DE GALLO
Prep Ahead Tip: The pico de gallo can be made ahead of time.
Vegan Substitutions: Use dairy-free cheese or omit the queso fresco to make this vegan.
SWEET POTATO, ALEPPO PEPPER, AND LIME SOUP
Prep Ahead Tip: Recipe comes together fairly quickly, no need to prep ahead.
Vegan Substitutions: Use dairy-free feta cheese.
SPICY PEANUT RICE NOODLE BOWLS
Prep Ahead Tip: Recipe comes together quickly, no need to prep ahead.
Vegan Substitutions: Recipe is already vegan.
BAKERY-STYLE ALMOND POPPY SEED MUFFINS
Click here for a printable Shopping List for Week of 1-15-22.
Baby kicks are so much fun, unless they kick while you’re trying to sleep!
I would be all about the fettuccine and the almonds muffins!