1. Yeeeeaaaahhhh. I went there. #SorryNotSorry.
2. In my defense, I’ve wanted to try this brand of pumpkin beer since FOREVER but could never find it. Then I spotted it at Whole Foods on Friday and had to seize the opportunity. It was worth it.
3. So, like I mentioned on Monday, the.boy’s grandmother is in the hospital. She broke her femur (thigh bone) on Friday, had surgery to fix it on Sunday night, and is now in the ICU because her blood pressure refuses to be stable. If everyone could keep her in their thoughts, I would be eternally grateful!
4. My local Starbucks was HIT BY A CAR on Monday!! Like, a car actually ran off the road, over the bike lane, onto the sidewalk, and then into the glass. I am still awaiting news on how exactly this happened, but what I know for sure is that it disrupted my midday coffee consumption. On a Monday. Total crisis.
5. This tongue-in-cheek article on being a food blogger. Funny…but very true.
6. I have been craving pie like a crazy person, but especially this. And this. And this.
7. We never got to chat about the debate last week!!! Did you guys have a favorite?! Personally, I was not overly impressed by anyone and was definitely less than impressed by quite a few. But maybe that’s to be expected when there are 600 candidates on the stage? You just can’t love ’em all.
8. For those interested parties, we are still smoothie-ing and going strong! I actually got the.boy to admit that he feels better since he’s been having a smoothie for breakfast every day. #WINNING. This week, I am remaking some of our favorites from the past two weeks instead of getting a new box delivered to us. And stuffing extra kale into all of them. Because that’s how I roll.
9. On a related note, does anyone have a favorite brand of acai powder?? I have been looking everywhere for it and am probably just going to have to order it on Amazon but have no idea which one to get.
Good morning! Sending good thoughts your way for the boy’s grandmother. My dad is just out of the ICU after a bad fall, so I know what you guys are going through. xoxox and hang in there, both of you.
Praying for Granny. I’m not even going to bother with the Presidential campaign until the viable candidates from BOTH sides can be counted on one hand. Right not it’s more like a circus. 😛
Sending positive thoughts for your husband’s grandmother.
And yay for loving smoothies 🙂
We’ve been in the mountains communing with nature and eating a lot of s’mores. Bad news: I’m very out of touch. Good news: I’m very out of touch. Sending good juju your grandma’s way!!
ooh pumpkin beer – you might need it with the boy’s grandmother’s hospital visit and random cars in starbucks – take care – it is a crazy world out there.
Wishing your husband’s grandma the best! I confess I didn’t watch the debates… right now I feel like it’s more of a joke, so I’m waiting until it gets more serious to really focus on anything political.
Prayers for grandma.
I do watch the debates and I was underwhelmed. I really hope they get serious and let’s see what happens in the coming months. Lots of drama for sure.
I didn’t watch the debates, but I’m not a republican… but I did see some highlights and it seemed like a bit of a mess, LOL.
Pumpkin is the king of pumpkin beers- it is a fact. I love how much vanilla flavor they get in it. I think that makes it!
oh no!!! will say a prayer for the.boy’s grandmother!!! and I wanna know about a good brand of acai powder as well!!! please pass on the info if you find out!
Joanne – sending good thoughts and vibes and prayers y’alls way that the.boy’s grandma is ok soon! And good gawsh – I hope no one was hurt in that Starbucks!
I am thinking of your grandmother-in-law (and you!) and hope she is doing OK. What a disaster on the Starbucks too. I think the driver in question should have got some caffeine in before driving!
First of all, hope The.Boy’s grandmother is doing okay!! A similar scare happened to my hub’s grandmother a few years back….
Also, that car crash reminds me of the time a car crashed through the front of a McDonald’s in DC! Scary stuff.
Finally, smoothies. I’m SO GLAD I can go back to drinking them now!!!
I hope Mike’s grandma gets better asap! Thinking about you!!
Sending the.boy’s gran lots of healing wishes for a speedy recovery! Hope her BP stabilizes soon. As far as the debate, just can’t take the GOP seriously, so I skipped it. The choices are just too depressing.
Pumpkin beer, hmmm.
Hope grandma is doing better! Sending good mojo…
ever since you mentioned smoothie, i have been trying to do 1 a day as well. i am trying to perfect this process by premaking smoothie packs and such.
I am sending every good vibe and thought and prayer your way! I was not liking anyone during the debate at.all. But you know, I am kinda picky like that. Oh my gosh, that article was so snarky, but I feel like I totally know a few bloggers like that. I just kinda hope that no one thinks I am like that (paranoid much, right?) By the way, I am trying my first smoothie box cause of you!
An emphatic yes to that cherry pie! And I bookmarked your plum and marzipan pie last summer. I haven’t made it yet, but I will someday, oh yes I will.
Omg girl!! Thanks for featuring my pie recipe 🙂 You are so sweet! Hope grandma feels better soon!!
(AND that article. HILARIOUS! I was literally cracking up on my couch over here…. I don’t even care about the mockery, I would gladly quit my day job to write pretentious inaccessible recipes all day. May someday…)
Positive thoughts sent your way. I hope your husbands grandmother is feeling better.
I enjoy a good pumpkin beer. I watched the debates (sigh).
Enjoy those smoothies!
I’m holding positive thoughts Joanne xx
I hope your grandmother-in-law gets well soon!
Wow about the Starbucks incident! There is one on every block pretty much though, so I don’t think it should be a major interruption to your coffee routine 😉
Good thing there’s a Starbucks on every corner!
Thinking of your husband’s grandma! That’s a scary thing. Lots of good thoughts to her.
With something like that going on, you’ve definitely earned your pumpkin beer! I am obsessed with fall and feel a pang of excitement just imagining these things hitting shelves. I haven’t tried this one yet, but I love the Blue Moon version.
Wows,this is indeed an eventful and information filled Coffee Talk! First off, I am so sorry about th grandmother and I hope she mends well. My thoughts are with you guys!
Starbucks hit by a car? That’s very bad, I would be in concern about my iced vanilla coffee and Flat White being delayed while they cleaned that mess up. And of course, I hope no one was hurt ?.
The debates were on my list of things to try and watch but since we don’t have cable, and no one wanted to watch the debates, I have no idea what went on other than what the news reported online. May I come to your apartment for the next round?!
So sorry about the.boy’s grandma – praying for her to get well fast. I’ve been craving pies too! Plum and marzipan get in my face. I’m all about blueberry and spinach smoothies lately! My very pale cheeks have been turning blush pink every afternoon since I started. Does that happen to you? It’s strange but I love it. Makes me feel healthy.
Usually, you only expect to see a car crash into a Starbucks while watching a movie. I do hope no one was injured. I’m sorry to hear your grandmother-in-law is now in ICU. Getting old is no fun at all. My FIL has been taken to hospital twice in the last week by ambulance. They keep sending him home saying there’s nothing wrong but when you’re unresponsive and slurring your speech, I’d say there’s plenty wrong xx
How is your grandma-in-law? I hope doing much better!! My fav brand of Acai powder is Navitas Naturals. http://navitasnaturals.com/product/432/Acai-Powder.html
I can not even handle the pumpkin yet! Not ready.