Still got some summery meals up my sleeve this week! Also some easy weeknight dinners since I know some of us are back-to-school already and can’t be making a three course meal on a weeknight (not that we could ever do that).
Here’s what we’re cooking this week!
- Starting off the week with my favorite SUMMER ON TOAST. This meal screams summer. It starts with a layer of ricotta, followed by a quick tomato and basil salsa, and is topped with a poached egg. I served it on extra-large English muffins, but bagels or sourdough slices would be great also.
- Next up – braised black bean stew served over cheesy polenta! This is so hearty and surprisingly easy to make. Total comfort food.
- Tortelloni with corn crema is the perfect use for the insanely good summer corn that is available right now. The sauce is impossibly creamy but also really fresh.
- Crispy roasted tofu and broccoli with sesame-peanut pesto is the easiest sheet pan meal. It will even convert the tofu skeptics out there and is very kid-approved.
- Finally, we’re ending the week with my vegetarian roasted potato nachos. These are loaded up with everything good in this world and are the perfect way to celebrate getting through another week!
- For dessert, we’re making a buttery pound cake with salted caramel glaze. Simple, classic, delicious!
Prep Ahead Tip: Recipes comes together quickly, no need to prep ahead.
Vegan Substitutions: Use a dairy-free ricotta or mozzarella in place of the ricotta and omit the eggs.
Prep Ahead Tip: Recipe comes together quickly, no need to prep ahead.
Vegan Substitutions: Replace the cheddar with a dairy-free alternative.
Prep Ahead Tip: The corn sauce doesn’t take long to make, but it can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to eat.
Vegan Substitutions: Omit the ricotta salata and use vegan tortelloni or tortellini.
Prep Ahead Tip: The tofu can be pressed and drained ahead of time.
Vegan Substitutions: Recipe is already vegan.
Prep Ahead Tip: If making the adobo sauce from scratch, this should be prepped ahead of time. You can also roast the potatoes and prepare the salsa a day or so before.
Vegan Substitutions: Use dairy-free cheddar cheese.
For a printable shopping list, click here.