All good things come together in this bourbon chocolate chip banana bread – it makes the perfect morning treat!
I’m about to give you permission to not only eat cake for breakfast, but also to bourbon.
Yes, as a verb.
I mean business.
Not that you need permission. We’re all of age here. But it does feel good to be enabled, doesn’t it?
So let’s break out those shot glasses, a few brown bananas, and our secret stash of chocolate chunks.
We got this.
Be sure to use the largest chocolate chunks you can get your hands on.
Whoever made up the phrase “size doesn’t matter” definitely didn’t take chocolate into consideration.
It’s really a “the bigger, the better” situation.
Mini chips, not invited.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chocolate
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the bannas, lemon juice and bourbon. Mix until well-combined.
- Mix in the flour on low until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.
For more banana bread variations, check out these:
From Around the Web:
Pina Colada Banana Bread from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Banana Trail Mix Bread from Cookie + Kate
Rum Coconut Banana Bread from My Baking Addiction
Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread from Taste and Tell
Biscoff Crunch Banana Bread from Table For Two